Tuesday, August 21, 2007

We need some new clichés

****This post was written last week or may be few days before that.****

I do have a few things to write about today and it is not the sort of typing hogwash that is normally present on this page. Tabulating it will not be such a bad idea it seems.

a) I got a call from CNBC Awaaz in the morning that they wanted to do an interview regarding some change in placement policy of my college. The best representative that they could come up for my college was me. That says a lot about their standards. The interviewer told me that she got couple of other comments from a few other students and she got their contacts through Orkut. I thought the Big Bad Television Networks had big databases and huge sources but if their source for policy in my ex-college is me then I do not think I will ever trust the so called experts on TV anymore while making investment decisions.

b) When the interview was about to start I noticed that the girl doing the interview was wearing a really fancy watch. I always thought that people in this business did not make a lot of money. She seemed like someone who should be at the bottom of the pecking order otherwise she would not have come down to my office to do the interview. The hypocrisy of the whole thing was very evident when she asked one of the MBA-Aspirants to give his viewpoint on how an IIT-Aspirant feels thanks to the policy change.

c) I have been watching CNBC Awaaz for quite some time now. One of my friends did tell me that it aired sometime back but I missed it. I hope that they repeat this piece of crap as they do the rest.

d) I called up one of the three females I know last night only to find out that she had couple of exams today. I hope they went well. She had promised to call me once she was free. I had messaged her as well about the whole interview thing which is a big deal for someone like me. I have been waiting for quite some time now. I think I will give her a call right now. I do understand that it is 12:30 in the night but I don’t think it would be a problem. She was returning from a night show and said that she would call me once she is back in her room. Her excuse for not calling – “I have a life man.” Am I being too much of a sissy or that would have hurt anyone? Should I reduce the number of females I know by 33.33 %?

e) Female No. 2’s birthday is coming up on the 11th or 12th, I am not very sure. Orkut will help me with that also. Female No. 3, my current girlfriend, has persuaded me enough to go and buy her gift tomorrow itself and courier it so that she gets it on time. I do not think that is a good idea. I would like to get the gift a couple of days later so that the surprise factor is there. I do not remember for sure, but I think I met her through a Leo Community on Orkut. That makes it around 3 years or is it 4.

f) SHIT!!! That means that I have been dating Female no. 3 for 3 years!!! …. or is it 4?

g) I realized today that I have also developed a “Takiya-kalaam” which became evident when I was about to leave the class today, when one of the students said, “We will call it a day here”.

h) The best comment that I received about the interview was from a techie friend who called to congratulate me. I had sent him the SMS which I had sent to many others, “Watch my interview on CNBC at 2000 hrs today”. He thought that the interview had something to do with stock markets and investments. He has seen the couple of investing books lying around in my room but that just shows how much people think the experts on TV know. I made my first investment in February this year and thanks to the sub-prime jitters in the US, my mutual funds have overtaken my performance in the stock market.

i) I finally found out how HRA is taxed and plan to make a post on that in couple of days or so. The funda of Bonus Stripping is also very interesting and I have figured out how to do it. Just making a list of the pros and the cons. That should be covered in the next post.

j) And finally, a brilliant and slightly chauvinistic advertisement from WonderBra.

Chalo Then, we will call it a day here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

I resent being called a generic name. Female no 1/2/3 what kind of names are those. Also your memory is utterly crappy but whatever.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Argentyne said...

dc, there's a reason why they're only 3 ;)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Gee said...

...

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ravi Handa said...

... kya maar rahi ho?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Arunima said...

:-)

Why has DC switched to invited readers only?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

Post something new please :)

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found the website who discuss about
many
home business ideas

If you want to know more here it is
home based business opportunity

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home