Monday, August 06, 2007

You're Killing Independent George

People are crazy and times are strange,

I used to care…. But things have changed.

And boy…. have they changed for the worse. At least that was my knee jerk reaction when I got to know that my parents will be moving in with me for a period of 2-3 months. This does put in my bohemian lifestyle (some people like to use other adjectives like shabby, dirty, shitty) in a jeopardy. I have moved into a new flat which is costing me double of what my old flat used to cost. I got a decent enough raise this year but all that money has been drained out thanks to this new change. The other pressure that it has put on me is having a controlled life-style of getting up and hence sleeping on time. I do not know for how long I will be able to keep up with this but it has been going fine for the past couple of days. The solution that I have worked out is that I will be spending a lot more time at my friend’s place but that is definitely not a long term solution.

The work pressure has started to reduce as I am down to 5 batches now from 7 and will be finishing two more in the next two weeks. It does mean that I will be bored a lot more in office and hence will have a little more time to blog. I think blogging lost its charm when I stopped reading blogs of other people. It was a great method to communicate and to know more people. As of know, I do not have the need to know anymore. Considering I do what I do, I get enough ego boosters in my job and I do not need to turn to the virtual world for that. However, it would be nice to meet new people but I do not think that anyone who already doesn’t know me visits this blog because of the simple reason that I have not put any effort into publicizing this one. The latest addition to the ‘perils’ of blogging has been a friend who met another female blogger and liked her instantly. What I find fishy about the whole deal is the fact that the female, from her blog and also from what my friend has told me sounds like a reasonable, normal, human being. That is a surprise considering his ex and ex’s friends use phrases like, “She is an evil WITCH”. His love life has been less romantic and more like an episode of Swabhimaan. In case you kids don’t remember Swabhimaan used to be a day time soap opera on Indian Television during the late 90s. Note from past self: Kitu Gidwaani is hot.

The quizzing season seems to be kicking again with Tata Crucible just around the corner. We have calendar years and financial years but I think Quizzing years should be defined from Tata Crucible to Tata Crucible. At least that is how I look at it. My first working day was on 3rd July 2006 and guess what I did that day. I represented my company in the Crucible. Overall this year has been more than satisfactory. I did have some beginners luck and won a few quizzes but since then it has been a real sad story. I think Crucible might just start the good run again. An interesting funda that I gathered today surfing around the net:

Q. What is a blook?

Ans. A book which is written on a blog. Either partially or completely. I know one which I followed quite sincerely, “Girl with a one track mind” ;)

For those who are even remotely considering as to what should they gift me on my birthday, here are a couple of pointers:

  1. A decent helmet with front-cover and all that jazz.
  2. An ash-tray.
  3. Any book if you are buying it from college street or any second hand market i.e. not to waste more than 100 bucks on it.
  4. If you are considering buying a proper book then please give me:
    (a) "Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham
    (b) "Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits " by Phil Fisher
    (c) "Introduction to Technical Analysis" by Martin Pring.
    (d) Any book by Orhan Pamuk.


If you are planning to get me any of the above mentioned objects do call me on my birthday and tell me so that I do not buy them myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

:D Jhoot mat bola karo, you ain't paying the rent for the new flat. And why, thank you for the pointers. They shall be looked into.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Arunima said...

looks like I know you from your past incarnation.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Arunima said...

I enjoyed Snow by Orhan Pamuk. But haven't read other books by him.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Gee said...

so u have linked me..:)...and thanks for the pointers..not that ill get you anything...it will save me a lot of trouble..:D

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home